About this job
Compensation: $55k - 65k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Frontend Developer, Full Stack Developer
Industry: Broadcast, Digital Media, Newspapers
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Public
We are looking for a passionate, experienced WordPress PHP Developer who enjoys both the thrill of designing and building solutions for our customers as well as the discipline in resolving complex bugs. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Create and maintain custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Optimize custom plugins and themes to improve SEO using best practices and site performance.
- Test websites across multiple browsers, operating systems and devices to identify possible compatibility issues.
- Work with development team to implement new front-end and back-end technology to improve overall website usability.
- Work with client services team to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technology and software.
- Solid understanding of PHP back-end development
- Proficient understanding of WordPress installation, administration, and scalability
- Proficient understanding of custom plugin and theme creation in WordPress
- Proficient understanding of WordPress hooks, filters, and coding standards
- Experience with databases and queries
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services technologies
- Understanding of version control software, specifically git
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, experience contending with non-technical co-workers to translate business needs into technical implementation
- Strong problem-solving skills – ability to test, debug and fix existing code as needed
- Comfortable in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with Bootstrap, Sass CSS, and web components
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and Gravity Forms plugins
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with building AMP-compatible templates
Full benefits package includes: Generous paid time off, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, life insurance and more. TownNews offers a chance to be creative, working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere.
TownNews provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Related jobs (12)
- Senior Full-Stack Engineer (React/NodeJS
- Senior Full Stack Web Application Engineer — ES6 & PHP
- SDK/PHP Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Full-stack developer with PHP focus
- Expert Full Stack Developer
- WordPress Full Stack PHP Developer
- WordPress PHP Full Stack Developer for RAYOS
- Senior Full-Stack Engineer (m/f/d)
- Senior PHP Developer
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (Mobile & Web) - 100% Remote
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer (m/f/d) - Bielefeld/Berlin/Remote