About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: Software Development, Video Streaming
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
reactjs, android, mobile, c++, react-native
Job descriptionAs a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient and a fastest growing tech company in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way users experience TV across mobile, tablet, and connected devices. Interested in building the future of TV? Our Sales Organization is actively recruiting a Sales Engineer (SE) to join their team. The SE is a trusted technology advocate at You.i TV, who works closely with our Sales, Services and Product teams in a hybrid role. As a Sales Engineer, you have a direct impact on our company’s bottom-line by influencing the purchasing decisions of our prospective customers. You.i TV is a privately-held product company that has doubled in size every year and counts AT&T, Sky, WarnerMedia, Twitch, and FOX among our growing list of technology partners. We have a unique, open and collaborative culture. We love media, gaming and have a passion for design.
What you'll do
- You will be a trusted technical advisor to our customers, evangelizing the value of You.i TV technology and hands-on demonstrating its power
- You will assist the sales team and work directly with customers and potential technology partners to convey technology usage and best practices.
- You will learn and/or know the technical ecosystem in which You.i TV technology lives, and be able to speak informatively about the entire OTT technology stack and our placement therein
- You will learn and/or know competitors and competitive technologies and be able to thoroughly and advantageously position You.i against such, and be capable of artfully managing objections to our advantage.
- You will communicate feedback to the development teams, product management and marketing for consideration on future product enhancements.
- You will serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert on the use of You.i TV products and services during client visits, product demonstrations and at industry-related events.
- You will work closely with Customers, Sales, Designers, and Developers to develop Proof of Concepts and branded demos to demonstrate solutions to prospective customers’ technical problems.
- You will actively determine a customer's technical infrastructure and needs and be able to position You.i technology solutions into those needs (i.e. fit our technology to the solve their defined problem or need)
- You will travel to client sites minimum 50% of the time - grab your passport! Note: Travel is currently halted due to Covid-19
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer facing role within a product-based technology company
- 5+ years’ experience with C++ and strong understanding of OOD principles
- You’ve previously built apps with React Native + Redux
- You know how to demo a POC and can handle customers questions during product demos - there is some Sales to this Engineering
- You are comfortable with super technical audiences but can also rub shoulders with customer C-level execs
- Exceptional communication skills - this would be a given
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment - it’s high tech and our product is cutting edge so we’re constantly iterating and staying affluent of new tech trends
- Must have the ability to travel between UK, Europe, and Canada (non-negotiable)
- Bonus - experience with or exposure to Game Engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity)
- Bonus - native mobile app development experience (Android/iOS)
- Bonus - tradeshow and post-sales experience
What we can offer you:
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier Media companies and household names.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Employee wellness program including instructor-led bootcamp, yoga, and mediation (all moved to virtual)