We're continuously hiring for software engineering roles at our company, and welcome candidates with all kinds of programming experience (different languages, frameworks, platforms, etc). We've found that both candidates with traditional CS backgrounds as well as others who are self-taught or freelancers can excel at our company.
We're not interested in hiring for any particular niche skill at the moment. Rather, we like to engage with engineers who have a well rounded and full stack background, either for web or mobile. If you feel particularly strong in one skill though, we still would like to talk.
## More About The Role
As an engineer at our company, you'll work directly with our CTO and Creative Director and other engineers on a variety of software projects covering different programming languages, frameworks, and application architectures.
The single best reason to be an engineer at our company is because of the exposure to different programming languages, technologies and client projects.
Typical client work includes building any of the following: web and mobile apps, public and private API's, static sites and CMS platforms, e-commerce sites like Shopify stores, and digital transformation projects with enterprise clients.
For more information about how we run our Sprints and manage our SDLC, read [our company Playbook](https://lightmatter.com/playbook/).
## Specific Qualifications
Ideally, you have experience with the following:
- You have 2+ years working as a software engineer at another agency, a product focused startup, or an enterprise company.
- You have spent some time freelancing independently, whether as a side hustle or full time. Almost everyone on our team has been an individual freelancer at one point, and understands the value of all the “work” outside of the actual deliverable for the client: excellent communication, professionalism, punctuality and follow through.
- You have 0 ego with regards to your code, can both receive and offer feedback positively, and are willing to pair and help others as develop software alongside you.
- You're a self-starter. You're not afraid to take initiative, but know when and how to check with others to ensure you're making the right decision. You can balance the technically correct and/or more elegant solution with what the client wants (which often differs) and can do this quickly.
- You're not afraid to ship code! We don't care if it's not done yet. Push it up and get feedback!
Our company does not offer equity as we’re not a venture backed startup. However, there’s the possibility in the future for a revenue share of profit split at year’s end based on tenure.
To apply for this role, send firstname.lastname@example.org an introductory email and attach your resume and cover letter along with your github profile if applicable.
Related jobs (2)
Similar job categories (15)
- Remote client jobs
- Remote communication jobs
- Remote digital jobs
- Remote e-commerce jobs
- Remote enterprise jobs
- Remote excel jobs
- Remote frameworks jobs
- Remote github jobs
- Remote mobile jobs
- Remote sdlc jobs
- Remote shopify jobs
- Remote software jobs
- Remote startup jobs
- Remote static jobs
- Remote web jobs