About this job
Compensation: $50k - 56k
Location options: Remote, Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Mobile Developer
swift, mvvm, firebase, rx-swift, rx-cocoa
A new dating app that grows in the New Normal
The world's changed. What'll happen next? We believe online communication using video technology accelerates dramatically in the coming a few years because people have noticed that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is an easier, cheaper, and safer way to talk with others online.
In this role, you'll be building essential features of palmu (https://palmuapp.com/), our video dating app, to deliver our customers quality experiences satisfies with their demands. You'll be part of our Scrum team as a core mobile engineer and work closely with marketing and customer supporting.
You must have the ability to build quality features of the iOS app by TDD (Test-driven development) to deliver new experiences to the users every week. Also, you must respect and follow our values below to collaborate with us.
Mission, Vision, Values of Light Inc.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Maintain code quality, readability
- Test-driven development, and testing automation
- Maintain up-to-date documents such as Tech Specs, Test Scripts
- Work experiences over 2 years with iOS
- Practical experiences of fp, frp
- Having used popular libraries (e.g. Alamofire, Moya, Realm)
- Understanding Swift API Design Guidelines
- Cocoa Touch
- Xcode (e.g. configurations, debug, etc...)
- RxSwift / RxCocoa
- Firebase (e.g. Auth, Firestore, FCM, etc...)
- Deep understanding of MVVM architecture
- GitHub & Pull Request
Nice to have (optional skills)
- Having released an application to the App Store
- Having built an automated build system with a CI tool (e.g. Bitrise, etc...)
- Having worked as a part of a Scrum team
- Japanese language skill
- Remote working but your time zone must be +/- 4 hours from GMT+9h
- Visa sponsorship available once your probation period completes
- Friendly co-workers, broad discretion, efficient workflow
- Self-learning support up to $100/month
- Career building opportunity in an early VC-backed startup
- Apply for this job post with your resume.
- We will reply to you within a few business days if it meets our requirements.
- You and we will have a video interview to know each other more.
- We will give you a technical assignment to measure your skills.
- You will need to provide us a few contacts of your past employers for reference checks.
- You will demonstrate the result of the assignment in front of our lead developer.
- We will make an offer for you.
The whole process can take up to 2-3 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is your team's size?
8 members including CEO, CTO, 2 designers (part-time), 1 product owner, 1 back-end dev, and 2 iOS devs (part-time).
Q. Why are you hiring another iOS developer?
We'd like to have a full-time iOS dev to produce stable velocity for each sprint.
Q. What's is the stage of the project?
We've already launched palmu on the App Store and started advertising recently to have initial users. The next milestone is achieving a Product-Market Fit in the next several months.
Q. palmu is only the product that Light has, isn't it?
Yes, it is. We are focusing on the product.
Q. Can I apply for this job even if am not good at MVVM, Rx?
You should learn them first because our technical standard is high. You will be likely to fail to pass the technical assignment step without those skill sets.
Q. Can I use Swift UI for the assignment?
No, you can't. We'd like to see whether you can join our dev team smoothly. We love advanced technology but we believe Swift UI is too early to use for commercial apps.
Q. What technology stack are you using?
For the iOS app, they are written in this job description. For the back-end, we are using Laravel, Firebase Auth/Firestore/Storage/Cloud Functions, and Google Cloud Platform.
Q. How does the team work?
We are following the Scrum methodology according to the official guide. Our biz team researches the market and analyzes user activity events, then a Product Owner maintains the Product Backlog based on those inputs. The dev team refines the Product Backlog occasionally and break them down into small tasks in a Sprint Planning event every two weeks. Each developer pulls items from the Sprint Backlog by themselves during a Sprint. We have Sprint Review and Retrospective events at the end of each Sprint. The team is pretty collaborative, self-organized, and being improved every Sprint.
We are afraid that but we don't reply to copy-and-paste applications because we'd like to work with people who are really interested in us. To stand out against those spams, please mention the number one driving factor for wanting to work with us in your introduction. Thank you.