About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Database Administrator, DevOps
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, ansible, python, database-administration
We are Givelify®, where fintech meets philanthropy. We help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world—one simple, joyful gift at a time.
The Database DevOps Engineer will build and maintain databases to ensure smooth and efficient performance and introduce tools that streamline our deployment pipelines.
You'll champion database, automation, server-side scripting, terraform and ansible software. The tools you build will monitor our infrastructure and databases, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions. Under your charge will be the continuous improvement of the reliability &efficiency of our infrastructure.
You'll partner with engineers to take on some of technology’s toughest challenges and truly make a meaningful impact in the world by collaborating on diverse projects and technologies at scale. Together, you’ll architect the systems that power Givelify’s exponentially growing philanthropic platform.
Some of the meaningful work you will perform:
- Design and Implement highly available and scalable architectures in dynamic, fast growing environments and databases.
- Create and administer databases on AWS RDS.
- Managing permissions: creating and updating user permissions, auditing and monitoring.
- Maintaining the database using AWS console and CLI, identify issues with logs, use parameters groups,
- Build a consistent, repeatable and reliable continuous delivery of change to the database.
- Establish Disaster Recovery Protocols. Design data backup and recovery procedures
- Ensuring that the database operates efficiently and without error such as: timeouts, connections, availability, access, locks, identify long running queries etc.
- Making and testing modifications to the database structure when needed
- Manage and Secure AWS Services and the company architecture.
- Design and Implement scripts and Ansible playbooks for small- and large-scale environment in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Design and Implement Terraform plans to provision infrastructure resources
- Integrate and implement best practices and DevOps methodologies in every step of the engineering process.
We welcome your experience and talents:
- Education: BA/BS (MS Preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years' experience with system and application DB administration (Minimum 7 years)
- AWS RDS
- 2+ years CI/CD: Jenkins, Ansible (2+yrs) Git, GitHub, Jira
- Tools: Python, Terraform (2 yrs), Kubernetes, Docker or any other container orchestration system, shell scripting, Nginx, Apache, Linux (5 years), AWS Services, AWS CLI and API, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS
- Hands-on designing/writing/delivering system automation and background in DevOps engineering
- Good to have: AWS Certifications, Groovy, Kubernetes, Serverless, AWS NoSQL i
- 3+ Years with ETL to efficiently import data and scrub large volumes of data extracted from various system (Required)
- Experience with DB security practices, auditing and managing access
- Experience managing distributed data stores in a micro-service environment
We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time. Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that "wow" factor fuel our aspiration to be among the tech industry's most inclusive & purpose-driven work environments.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks, and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.
From places of worship to world-changing nonprofit groups, Givelify harnesses the power of technology to bridge the gap between people and the causes they care about. Tap. Give. Done. Givelify's payment solution is designed to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving.
Learn more about us at https://careers.givelify.com ( https://careers.givelify.com/)
Related jobs (18)
- DevOps Engineer / Security Officer (Remote Position
- Back End Engineer (Python)
- Senior Software Engineer (GO/PHP/Python/JS)
- DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- Sr. DevOps Engineer - building an internal DevOps practice - remote USA
- Sr. DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure Developer) - remote USA
- Salesforce Architect
- Python/AWS Developer (Remote)
- Mid-Level Site Reliability Engineer (Pacific/Mountain Time Zone Preference)
- Senior Backend Engineer
- Sr. Backend Software Develope
- Senior Python/Django Developer with DevOps Experience
- DevOps Engineer - Database Focused
- Engineering Manager (m/w/x)
- Data Pipeline Engineer (Remote in USA + Europe)
- Site Reliability Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Engineer