About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Database Administrator
sql, saas, sql-server, etl, database-design
We are looking for a talented Data Architect to play a critical role in implementing our strategy as the leader in data collection, management, and assessment of supply chain data. In this key role, you will work with stakeholders across the organization to understand our evolving business needs. You will also apply your leadership and deep expertise in SaaS data management working with other technical leaders and developers to drive the design and implementation of a data architecture that solves immediate business challenges while aligning with future innovation and growth.
You'll be working on:
- Working with stakeholders across the organization to understand the needs of an evolving, scalable and secure data architecture
- Provide leadership to the development team, applying your thorough understanding of business needs as well your deep technical knowledge and experience, to drive design and implementation decisions that align with the overall data architecture vision
- Ensure that the data architecture and its implementation are optimized for scale, reliability, performance and security while facilitating velocity and consistency across development teams
- Help foster a culture of collaboration and innovation, where difficult data challenges are tackled eagerly with a focus on measurable outcomes
- Document and champion data architecture design goals, best practices and decisions, as well as existing and new data interfaces, data flows and data models
- Provide support and mentoring to software developers in all aspects of logical database design, creating and tuning queries, and other related activities;
- Analyze and measure existing system’s design, performance, and/or implementation issues and work on short term plans, proofs of concepts, actual implementation to help resolve issues
- Participate in SQL development reviews (ad hoc scripts, stored procedure, triggers etc.)
- Provide support and assistance to load testing activities and testing result reviews
Join us if you:
- Bachelor's degree required in computer/software engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 7 years of experience in senior database development roles
- Proven track record of designing data solutions for large, Enterprise-level SaaS applications
- Excellent communication skills with a keen ability to convey complex ideas and drive deep understanding among various audiences
- Extensive experience in data architecture, including physical and logical database design
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server or other RDBMS and data integration tools
- Several years of experience mining structured and unstructured data, as well as data integration
- Highly proficient with, and the ability to stay current on all aspects of designing and developing data management solutions, including database batch processing; data modeling (including indexes, partitions), and database performance tuning (SQL Server, Oracle or DB2)
- Experienced with data warehouse schema modeling and creating ETL packages, as well as providing support for BI Solutions (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
- Strong Agile development experience
- Deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure and related technologies
- Are a true team player, and see collaboration and feedback as a means to innovate and accelerate greatness
What’s in it for you?
At Assent, we are an ambitious, fast-paced business which means there is never a dull moment. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us.
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect to:
- Love what you do as part of a supportive team that really wants you to succeed.
- Accelerate greatness in a position and company with high learning and growth potential.
- Choose how you work best in a flexible work environment.
- Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. We help our customers all over the world by providing a real understanding of their supply chain data so they can protect their brands, remove market access barriers, and reduce operational and financial risk.
At Assent, your contribution has purpose. Our team challenges each other to be better every day; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation and high performance for our people and our clients.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.