About this job
Compensation: $60k - 100k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Hi, we’re VertiStudio and we're looking for a Lead Software Engineer to shape the futureof our WordPress based products & sites.
We’ve been on the WordPress market for a couple of years now, and we’ve developed a number of successful products during this time, our products have been downloaded by more than 1 million people & our content website visited by even more.
We're dreaming about a web where people can easily come online, grow their knowledge while having everything accessible on any device or internet connection (it should be fast).
This role includes hands-on development work as well as mentoring, building out the team when applicable, code reviews, and systems architectural design. You will work directly with the CTO as well as the development and product team.
- Lead the development of one of our products or sites (based on qualifications & interest)
- Capable of running and directing small teams
- Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry.
- Be able to prioritize and manage work
- Work happens completely autonomously with no regular need for review.
Basic Qualifications (Optional)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years experience building WordPress plugins or themes
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in leading a small team
- Good knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Good analytical and debugging skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Write performance-focused and optimized code
How to Apply
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with WordPress development.
- What is your favorite code performance tweak
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, if you're a match we'll reach out.
Our application process usually includes an initial chat with the CEO, a few technical questions, a chat with our CTO, and a 2 weeks trial.
Related jobs (12)
- Senior Full Stack WordPress Engineer
- PHP/React Fullstack Developer for EdTech Company (Eastern Europe)
- Front-End Wordpress Web Developer
- Lead WordPress Developer (PHP/JS)
- Senior Front End Enginee
- Lead Software Engineer WordPress
- Fullstack PHP/WordPress Tech Lead Developer
- Part-Time Remote Technical Talent Recruiter
- Full Stack Developer
- Publisher Support Engineer
- Senior Wordpress Developer