About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
cryptography, unix, linux, debugging
- Design and implement secure cloud and on-premise infrastructure to validate on substrate based networks.
- Work within systems that secure millions of dollars of cryptocurrency from motivated attackers.
- Instrument high-signal alerts from production infrastructure events to provide early indicators of network attacks and compromises. Create playbooks of what to do in the case of such events.
- Model and evaluate risks of slashing for validator nodes from an operational perspective and prioritize security efforts based on these risk assessments.
- Monitor for unsafe and uncertain conditions and design fallback systems to support the stability of the network.
- Work with infrastructure and core runtime engineers to design and implement hardened, layered systems.
- Work with security engineers around securing digital assets in a production environment
- Respond to security alerts and triage incident response management.
- Work with core developer teams on security-critical projects, reviewing architecture designs and automating critical infrastructure tasks
- Refine alerting rules to improve signal/noise ratio of operational health and security
- Participate in an on-call rotation with colleagues in multiple time zones
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice
Skills & requirements
- Solid foundation in Cryptography
- Has designed, implemented and worked with both hot and cold key storage systems.
- Deep knowledge of UNIX/Linux system internals such as system calls, TCP/IP and debugging tools.
- Working understanding of cryptocurrency infrastructure and proof-of-stake
- Experience with hardening the security of VPC and on-premise systems
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, GKE).
- Experience engineering and operating 24/7 public-facing infrastructure.
- Ability to debug complex systems running in uncertain environments.
- Experience evaluating risk and implementing security detections and protections.
- Experience instrumenting infrastructure with a variety of detections that provide high-signal, early indicators of intrusion and dangerous misconfiguration.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, and Vagrant
- Thinks automation first
- Experience with new and novel networking protocols, such as libp2p, dat, and quic.
- Experience with C++/Rust/Go or other system languages.
- Experience with Matrix servers
- Experience operating blockchain nodes