About this job
Compensation: $130k - 160k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
.net-core, react-redux, sql, graphql
We are looking for a Principle Full Stack Engineer who specializes in .NET. This position requires a strong command of web application development and the ability to design and contribute to distributed systems. It is primarily a back end position but you need to have a strong understanding of front end React application code, up to and including being able to implement or debug feature work on the front end. Common challenges we will solve include porting a legacy code base to a modern green field implementation, implementing a CQRS based system, designing Event/Message architecture, and other related tasks. People management is not required but the ability to review code, set technical standards, and advocate for security, performance, and most of all quality is required. We are building a best in class application and want someone as excited by that as we are!
You will have autonomy, ownership, and breadth of responsibility. Ownership is extremely important for this role, we need someone that is quality driven and can technically push the team to new levels.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY HIRE NORTH AMERICAN BASED CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME.
Our environment is typical of a start-up:
- We work in small teams, fast-paced, we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We are a remote team and are completely on board with 100% remote work, meaning we focus on overcommunication to ensure we can stay in sync despite our physical distance.
- We coordinate using a kanban board, hold a daily standup, and mostly communicate via ad hoc video calls and Slack.
- We’re building lots of new things, but also maintaining a significant business. We are mindful of the balance and need to monitor and pay down tech debt and also innovate with exciting greenfield projects.
We’re a hybrid stack
- Our “NextGen” technology is written in .NET Core, NodeJS and React. Our “Core” platform, which is being replaced by NextGen, is AngularJS (aka Angular 1) and ASP.NET.
- We’re looking for senior talent to contribute to our Core platform as well as NextGen.
Some Technologies we use
- .NET Core
- .NET 4.7
- React - Redux, Thunks, Hooks
- SQL Server
- GraphQL / Apollo
- Rest API's
- distributed systems designs
- Event driven systems
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service with complex business logic being used by hundreds of businesses 24/7 to keep their operations running. Our entity model is vast and a major part of our domain is synchronizing data with third party traceability systems. Explore the limits of your resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver consistent performance, reliability and scale whilst working with less-than-ideal third-party requirements and systems.
- We are a fully remote company and this position will be remote.
- We are looking for someone who is ready to join us full-time after a brief trial period (all our employees do this).
- We offer health benefits, 401k, unlimited time off, charity matching, and other cool perks.
- We are offering an annual salary in the range of $130,000 - $160,000 USD.