About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Software Development / Engineering, Travel & Tourism
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
spring-boot, python, php, c#, angular
We are primarily focused on building new systems in current and active languages with extensive reliance on cloud infrastructure (primarily in AWS). We have significant systems built using Java (Spring Boot), Angular, Ruby, & Python running on Elastic Kubernetes Service from AWS and we maintain existing systems built in C#, Java, Angular, PHP, & Python on traditional EC2 with and without any configuration management (Puppet).
That said, the technologies and stacks on which we build our digital product will belong to the team and be shaped by you, in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant systems and business goals to guide you in designing and building effective solutions.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working on both BackEnd and FrontEnd development.
- Own and architect foundational business services.
- Establish and help maintain test-driven development principles
- Communicate and partner cross-functionally with teams in product and software development.
- Drive new product initiatives forward by thinking creatively and with good judgment.
What We Need
- A self-starter who discovers practical solutions to hard problems and enjoys minimizing complexity along the way.
- Eagerness to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing software solutions.
- A desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones in a flexible workspace built and defined by you! Read more about our Remote Working Manifesto.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- Our Core Engineering Team Values sound a lot like you, and sound like the people you want to work with.
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion. At Magic Memories, we interact with millions of people across hundreds of sites in over 20 countries globally. Your unique history, culture, and community perspective are invaluable to the team we are building.
- Experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies.
- Experience with containerization
- Team leadership experience and a desire to mentor other software developers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar education.
- 5+ years of professional experience in building distributed systems and web services in a variety of languages and platforms.
Related jobs (11)
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Database Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (Mid-Senior)
- Full Stack Developer with Front-End Focus
- Sr. Backend Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Senior Backend - Applications Engineer
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer