About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
We know that headhunters are already beating down your door. We want to earn our right to work with you every single day.
Hey, my name is Calvin, and I know how you feel.
Even though I am the founder of the successful SaaS company Simplero.com and—might I add—I’ve been blessed with a wonderful team of intelligent and kind people from all over the globe, things were not always like this.
I spent many a dark hour figuring out why being awkward around other people made me become such a great software developer.
Part of that is probably that while humans could be unpredictable and mean, with computers, it was I who was on top.
But building a full and balanced life?
Not so much.
Anyway, today I’m happy to report that I enjoy the best of both sides:
The light side of having mastered the art of focus and logical thinking.
Having great relationships and being able to build a strong organization with an incredible team and massive growth potential.
A dark and evil power is upon us.
...is where you enter the story.
You will be the Superman who is called upon to hammer the villains back into the abyss from whence they came.
Oops. I got carried away...I do that.
The truth is that while we’re a super efficient and tight-knit team, we still have way more work to do than even we can handle.
Because what we do matters.
We’re not here to manipulate people into wasting time on their phones. We’re not here to trick people into clicking ads for things they don’t really want or need. We’re not here to just make a quick buck and go bye-bye.
We’re here to improve people’s lives in material, meaningful ways.
To help them earn a solid living with peace of mind.
To help them grow mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
To help solve all of the major challenges facing humanity at this point in our evolution.
I mean that part by the way. Jokes and corny comic book metaphors aside.
We’re out to solve real world scale problems, and we need your help.
So what do you say...?
Do you want to play, or don’t you?
Under this you’ll find the usual job ad routine.
Look it through, and if you meet the qualifications, raising your hand if you feel a connection after reading this.
Your friend in the good fight,
Founder & CEO of Simplero
What sets Simplero apart
- No VCs. 100% customer and sweat equity funded.
- Profitable. Been in business for 11+ years. Solid, stable, proven company, product, and business model.
- 2,300 active customers. Our customers have earned over $200M using Simplero.
- Our founder & CEO is a developer and built the product himself for the first several years. Deep technical understanding and support all the way to the top.
- We solve real problems for real people that they're happy to pay us real money. We sign off each day knowing we made a difference in someone's life.
- We do things differently from other companies. You'll see. We laugh a lot. We’re real with each other. We breathe. We care.
What’s in it for you
- Changing lives at scale. Making the tools that empower experts to make a living teaching others is seriously high-leverage work.
- Be part of a lean, efficient, high-autonomy, high-accountability team.
- Show exactly what you created AND know exactly how many customers benefit from it how often.
- With a development team rarely larger than 2 people, we built what other companies need 100s of engineers to build. Welcome to the 100x club!
- Know how great it feels when you make a customer’s day. You’re not locked in a room 4 floors away from anyone who talks to a customer: you’ll see the impact of each bug fix, “surprise and delight” tweak, and feature.
- Access to hundreds of hours of training material, books, workouts, etc.. For just about anything you want to learn about Internet business, personal growth, software development—if it’s not already in our virtual library, just ask.
- Personal and professional coaching. Who do you want to be? How do you want to grow yourself and your career? We’ll help you get there.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year. Yes. We want you to get some perspective and rest.
- Generous profit sharing. Since we don’t have stock options, this is how we do it.
Skills & requirements
What we absolutely require
- You’re very smart and very quick at "getting" stuff.
- You’re eager to figure things out you’ve never done before.
- You communicate well in writing, and you have at least one t-shirt to wear for video calls.
- You’re both creative and disciplined
- You find ways to achieve, not reason you can’t
- You can read code quickly and figure out what's going on.
- You’re gifted at managing and building a team of uber-gifted engineers
- You have an extensive network of people that you can tap into for hiring
- Though your main priority will be on the team, you are yourself a gifted Rails developer and excited to write and fix code yourself
What we could care less about
- A degree in computer science—we're not scientists, we're engineers. (An unusual field of study might make for a good story, though. Do tell!) A physics degree is a plus, though.
- Certifications—just show us what you can do.
What we do
Simplero is the all-in-one platform for authors, speakers, coaches, consultants, and other people in the business of transforming lives. Simplero brings together all of the tools they need in one fun and easy to use platform so they can focus on serving their clients, building their business, and living their purpose. We help trailblazers transform lives at scale.
We’re 100% bootstrapped, privately owned, and we’re not in it for an exit. We’re here to serve our clients and do work that matters for decades to come. We have customers that have been with us for over ten years, and still love us as much as we love them.
The team is currently 100% remote. We plan to open a New York office in 2021. If you’re in NY, awesome! If not, you can be remote.