About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer
java, spring, tdd, neo4j, hibernate
Industry and Job Function
Consultancy & SW Development
Ideally in Prague but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Option to work remotely/from home
Type of Employment
Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
Java, Spring, Graph databases, API design, TDD
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Java Team Lead at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Java Team Lead, you will be joining our team of engineers that deliver high value consulting to our customers around the world and build graph powered applications.
You will interact with clients to understand their needs, propose and design solutions, and implement them. As a Java Technical Lead, you will work closely with the Backend team to ensure that work is delivered smoothly together with other teams such as front end and data.
- Analysing requirements, understanding how they fit into the big picture, designing components/services/APIs, implementing and delivering quality, working software
- Work with clients and contribute ideas or resolve issues
- Work with small teams to enable the delivery of efficient, well tested and well written features
- Demonstrating the features implemented to get feedback and suggestions
- Being involved and contributing to team-level technical discussions
- Caring about the quality of the codebase and continually looking for ways to improve it
- Software design and code reviews
- Coaching, mentoring, knowledge sharing
- Anticipating technical issues, communicating these clearly to relevant stakeholders, and making architectural /design decisions to avoid or resolve them
If you want to succeed, we believe you need to have the following skills/background:
- Technical Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in complex projects that span multiple teams
- Solid knowledge of Java and related best practices
- Advanced experience with Spring
- Solid knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Solid knowledge of version-control systems, such as git
- Knowledge of Relational database models (how to model an ER schema)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with CI-CD practices
- Familiarity with Docker
- Application of best practices for clean code, refactoring and TDD
- Experience working in agile teams
- Ability to develop clean, reusable components
- Methodical and reasoned approach to debugging and problem solving
- Comprehension of application security basics (minimum set of requirements to make the app secure)
- Clear understanding of techniques and best practices related to Web Application security
- Passion for simple, clean architectures
- Bonus Technical Skills
- Knowledge of key Graph database concepts
- Knowledge of Cypher and Neo4j (Neo4j Certification is a big plus)
- Understanding full stack application development including DevOps
- Soft Skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Striving for excellence
- Ability to break down bigger tasks into smaller chunks in order to tackle them effectively
- Attention to detail
- Focus and motivated by Customer/Product Success
- Proactive and driven, constantly thinking of ways to improve
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is more than welcome
What We Offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Our products are already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Benefits of working with us:
- Actively influence how we do things
- Appreciation and encouragement for taking initiative and creativity
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Supportive and low-overhead management culture
- Competitive remuneration
Who We Are
Consultancy & SW Development Company - 11 to 50 Employees
GraphAware is the world’s #1 Neo4j Consultancy. GraphAware specialises in consultancy, training, and software development related to Neo4j - the most popular graph database on the market. As an official Solution Partner of Neo4j, GraphAware helps clients all around the world succeed with the graph technology by providing expert hands-on guidance for software development projects. Graph Aware Limited was founded in June 2013 in the United Kingdom and has offices and staff in the UK, UAE, Australia, Italy, France, and the Czech Republic.
GraphAware is a multinational, multicultural team of people who are experts in the fields of software development, databases, graph theory, and machine learning. We are passionate about what we do and performing above expectations is the norm. Our company prides itself on teamwork, excellence, and fun at the workplace. We love seeing our people grow professionally and support their careers in the direction of their desire.
Related jobs (13)
- Java Backend Engineer - Remote
- Senior Android Developer (Remote)
- Cloud Native Java Developer
- Java Engineer (m/f/x) onsite or remote (anywhere in Germany or UK)
- FHIR Architect - REMOTE
- Senior Java Backend Engineer - REMOTE
- FHIR Backend Developer - REMOTE
- Remote Senior Software Engineer, Java
- Senior Java Backend Engineer / Architect
- Java Software Architect
- Software Engineer - Server
- Java Team Lead
- Java Technical Lead