About this job
Compensation: $150k - 190k | Equity
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Database Administrator
python, sql, databricks, airflow, etl
Type of role: Full time, Fully Remote (longterm) anywhere in the US or onsite in Santa Monica (post Covid)
Comp: $150k - $190k (highly dependent on experience + work location) + Attractive Series A Equity + various other benefits
Role title: Senior Data Engineer
About the role and your impact:
Community.com provides a messaging platform for leaders, influencers, and celebrities (Barack Obama launched his number this week) - anyone with an audience - to interact with their supporters at scale via text message.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be a critical addition to our data team. You are someone with demonstrated experience building and scaling a data delivery platform that has enabled a data-driven business to grow and improve. We have lots of data, and a clear vision for what we need to achieve with our second generation platform, but are looking for the person with both the experience and skills to take us to the next level and put our vision into production.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans North America and Europe. Your day will be spent building, programming, and scaling our cutting edge data platform using technologies like Snowflake, Spark (Databricks), Apache Airflow, Postgres, Data Build Tool, and Python. In addition to building systems and writing software, you will collaborate with leadership, product managers, and growth teams to deliver actionable business and product insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain data systems that scale with increasing data volume and complexity
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to design data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and foster data-driven decisions across the entire organization
- Implement systems and processes to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always available and accurate
- Write quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, ETL, reporting, and analytic solutions.
What You’ll Ideally Bring:
- Extensive Python experience
- Strong SQL skills and an solid understanding of relational databases
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment (big plus)
- Experience with cloud warehousing platforms (Snowflake, BigQuery, etc)
- Experience with airflow, DBT, and/or similar tools